Monday, December 7, 2009

BiG fan of Christmas

If I haven't told you before, I'm a BiG fan of Christmas. BiG. I love everything about it. Really. EverYthiNG. Can't get enough of the carols, the baking, the parties and get togethers...but most especially the decorations :) Every year I look forward to breaking out the lights and the tinsel and trimming the tree...or in our case, tReeS. I know, normal people have ONE tree and usually consider that enough to make it through the holidays. But here...well, frankly it's starting to look like a sparkly, twinkling forest.  Somehow we've managed to accumulate numerous Christmas trees over the years and because of that, more lights and more tinsel. So I wasn't surprised when my oldest woke up the other morning (after I had spent the previous evening setting up the trees and Christmas decorations), walked out and said to me, in awe of the excess sparkle, "Wow Momma, we have a tree in EVERY room!!"  I know son, it's a bit much...but did I tell you, I'm a really BiG fan of Christmas. Really. BiG.

Here's what you get hit in the face with when you walk in my front door this time of year (the family room)...



Want closer look?









Is it just me, or is it REALLY hard to get a good pic of the Christmas tree?














Found this sign this year, had to have it... 



There does seem to be some confusion about this point in our home sometimes (hence the time out chair above).  I do have a 2 (almost 3!) and 4 yr. old.

And in another room (the living room)...











And in yet, another room (the kids toy room)...














And let us not forget the REAL reason for this season...




Happy Birthday Jesus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You seriously need to link up on Friday during our Show Off Your Tree (and decorations) portion of Creating Christmas blog fest. Love, love, LOVE your decorations!!! :)

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

your house looks super-festive! And I must say that you have tons of patience with all of your trees...I just have one and after setting it up was ready to scream! I love your mantel too, very creative!